The CB Elite Camp is designed to prepare athletes for the high school level or the transition from the 50/70 field to the 60/90 field. This camp is directed by Dan Kusters (Villanova University ‘95, Head Coach of CR North ’06-‘10, pitching coach at Del Val University and Neshaminy HS) and coached by Coach Kyle Dennis from CB East and Coach Jim Ertel from CB West and St. Joseph's University.
Each athlete will train using the same format that lead Coach Kusters high school teams to three PIAA State Tournament appearances (’07, ’09, ’10) and has the BCBA GENERALS 13U team ranked 5th in the state and 8th in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Also, 15U GENERALS players training under Coach Kusters and his staff have had great success at the high school level as every player on the 15u team (ninth and tenth graders) made their high school JV or Varsity teams, and impressively, a 14U GENERALS player is rosted for North Penn High School’s varsity team where he is only the second freshman in the history of the school to be offered a varsity spot.
2015 Special Presenters on the Recruiting ProcessTom Koerick, Sr.
Mike Lake -
- Co-Founder of Skillshow
- Since 2001, Skillshow is dedicated to assisting athletes and parents in the sports recruiting process.
- Perfect Game’s video provider for every showcase nationwide since 2001.
- Tom has five children who played completive sports while in HS and three had opportunities to play in collegiate programs, one went on to play professionally in the Minors for five years.
- Mr. Koerick conducts well over 30 recruiting seminars annually nationwide either as a solo speaker or as part of panels with college coaches and professional scouts.
LaSalle University Head Varsity Baseball Coach
If you are looking to play high school ball or to be prepared for the big diamond, CB ELITE is the camp for you.
- Introduction to the Foundation of Explosive Pitching
- Increase pitch velocity by creating dynamic and powerful pitching mechanics
- Improve total body conditioning
- Develop a strong, healthy throwing arm
- Each player will participate in explosive pitching/throwing drills
- Total body training
- Refine pitch command
- Develop off-speed pitches
- Instruction to communicate the mental approach to pitching
- Increase Bat and Ball Exit Speed
- Introductory and Advanced EXPLOSIVE HITTING
- Why is bat speed and ball exit speed so important? An increase of 5 mph in bat speed leads to 25 more feet of ball flight. In our camps last year, we had an average gain of 7 mph with our players and 4 players increased by more than 15 mph, including 1 that improved by an incredible 17 MPH!
- MLB Network's Peter Gammons shared the following regarding this year's Major League Hitters:
- Hitters with a ball exit speed of 100-104 mph had a batting average of .561 on the balls they hit that hard.
- Balls hit harder than 110 mph translated into a .726 batting average.Establish dynamically balanced mechanics that are easy to understand and repeat.
- Hitting off-speed pitches
- Outfielders participate in drills that develop advanced fielding mechanics and a system of communication.
- Infielders take part in drills that develop solid fielding skills and other advanced techniques for playing their position.